Saturday, January 30, 2010

LARP Stew Recipe.

Third post of the day, because I need at least one LARP related post.
So here, have a recipe.

For those who LARP with me, this is the stew I always do, so you know what it tastes like.

Ingredients:

Meat (can ba pork, or beef, or venisson; cubed or ground, i guess you could even try fish if you want...)
Cabbage
Turnip
Onion
Potato
Mushrooms
Barley
Broth (I find chicken broth works great with pork and beef broth with beef.)
Herbs (not the smoking ones, the cooking ones, I use thyme and oregano, but it's also good with basil and majoram)
Fenron's secret ingredient (not telling what it is, you have to be a Fenron to know. but rest assured it is nothing gross.)

1- Soak the barley before you start anything, it takes an hour to soak.
2- Chop up the vegetables, I don't give any amounts because it is always purely arbitrary, when people ask me, I answer than I put some, or enough.
3- Put the veggies in a big pot and cover with broth. Bring to a boil.
4- Drain the barley and add it to the boiling vegetables.
5- Let the mix boil for at least 30 minutes, if you are using ground meat, make sure to cook it beforehand, cubes can go raw in the pot.
6- Add herbs and secret ingredient.
7- boil until the vegetables and barley are cooked to your liking. Be sure to keep an eye on the broth level, you might need to add some in the process.

There are two ways of serving it, in a soup fashion, where it is still very liquid, and in a goop fashion, where there is barely any liquid left.
The stew is easily reheated, but tends to be better in a soup fashion when it is. (Just add water and stir before reheating)


And that's it.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. oh!! i know!!! the secret ingredient is!!! eeehhh I don't know or you actualy told me but i can't remember XD and I'm pretty much just a part time Fenron anyways XD

    ReplyDelete