Sunday, November 15, 2009

Out of Character presentation!

Ok! So real life events now, not just character backstory...

I'm curently playing Beldandy at a LARP called Milandes in the province of Quebec.
I play an innkeeper. Why? because I like it.
Actually, the idea first came after playing for a few years in other LARPs and talking to people who went to different LARPs and to people who had their own LARP.
The main reccuring characteristic was that innkeepers were always the most annoying NPC to play because the actors prefer to be monsters and such, and if they are portrayed by players, they are never at the Inn since players prefer to fight said monsters.
Personnaly, I love LARPing, but I hate fighting.

I know, some of you are wondering why the f*** do I LARP if I don't like fighting.
The reason: because I love role-playing.

An other recurring theme I saw in LARPs is that people tend to forget they need to eat. They are so busy trying to beat monsters of finding more treasures that they forget to eat. The usual LARP meal is beer, gummies and car temperature chunky soup cans.

So I decided that the greatest way to continue playing while not fighting was to become an innkeeper.

I talked about my project for years to everyone around me since I knew I wouldn't be able to take care of everything myself.
Most of my LARPing friends were not interested. "Where's the fun if you don't get to explode monsters' faces?" But eventually I found a friend who was not interested at all in fighting, just like me, and who thought that the idea of being an innkeeper was pretty cool.

Then followed a long time of looking for a LARP who would accept innkeepers and endless Value Village and flea market stalking in order to find pots and pans and bowls and spoons and all that medieval looking sh*t we would need.

Eventually, we found one, not Milandes, but after playing there for a season, we realised we didn't like the place.
Then we found Milandes.

Seriously, the place is awesome. The people are awesome. The story is awesome.
I just love it all.
Except the bugs.
But hey...

Anyways, now we are happily playing innkeepers in this great LARP, where we entertain people, constantly explode with lewd comments and just love the people.

Eye-candy for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment